Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Stella and Snowshoes


This week winter storm Stella is dumping fresh PowPow all over New England. Here in the Pine Barrens?....

Just Muddy Slushy trails here in the New Jersey Pine Barrens


Northeast Snowshoe Championships
This weekend the Northeast Snowshoe Championships were literally in my backyard. As tempting as this was to leave the family for  few hours, I thought better of it. I have minimal time home in Vermont (2 weekends a month is typical) and I really had no expectation of making it to Woodford. Not to mention, that crowd of racket runners showed up to play! I'll post the results below.

Embracing the "MUCK"
Today was a sloppy ten miler in Brendan T. Byrne State Park. The Mount Misery Trail is about 9 1/2 miles in a loop and crosses the Batona Trail a couple of times. This route doesn't offer much of anything unless you like flat and sandy trails, but regardless today was one of my faster loops despite the messy conditions so I will take it. 
Happy with Pacing in the Muddy run during "Stella"

Looking Forward
In an effort to raise my boy up to love the outdoors, I purchased a Deuter Kid Comfort carrier. I hope to give you my opinion on this pack soon. I got a great deal through a military promotion website called "Expert City". This website is similar to "GOVX" and offers deep discounts on all sorts of gear, I will link that below for my Police, fire, EMS, and military friends.
Deuter Kid Comfort Air, I think I'm more excited about 
this than I should be. It came with the bear! Not pictured
are the rain cover and canopy which I bought separately.

Last week I channeled my "Graphic Design Major Dropout" skills to the new blog header. What do you think?

LINKS

WWW.EXPERTCITY.COM

WWW.GOVX.COM

https://www.strava.com/activities/900338484

http://www.coolrunning.com/results/17/vt/Mar12_Northe_set1.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment